Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bitten off.....

I have decided that I have bitten off more than I can chew... er .. sew.  I have set the doublet aside as I am totally frustrated with it.  I have cut out the pieces for the smock and the venetian hose.

  I dearly wish I had patterns with better directions!  In typical Jennifer fashion, I have made this project more complicated than it actually needs to be. It's a good thing I am off from work this week and don't have much else to do, except put off cleaning the house and restructuring my literacy centers in my classroom.

Since the pattern I am using says little about closings and what to use, I was playing with making my own cording. I used the instructions from this site: Finger braiding.


Here's some pics:

From left to right: Ven. hose cut in tan moleskin w/ red cotton lining, silk thread finger braiding w/ 4 loops, me diligently sewing while surfing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh and I've decided that I need some sewing lackeys (or minions). Someone to do all of the ironing and other piddley stuff that I don't want to do!

    ReplyDelete