Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pretties For A Queen

I am really not a fan of Queen Mary. I have however become enamored with a few of the dresses in portraits of the Queen.How this relates to costuming:
I am on a major brown kick... IRL my wardrobe consists of mostly browns, pinks,reds, blues, grays, and some blacks. 

These colors have found their way to my fabric stash.  I have been searching for searching all over the internet for for enough brown velvet to make a Mary Tudor overdress.   
For now, I have compromised and purchased enough heavy silk satin twill for the overdress.  I have bought it from Silk Connections and will have to dye it the color I want. 
Period damasks and patterned pieces are hard to find. I love the pattern on the kirtle that Queen Mary is wearing under her dress.  
What do you think I can use to replicate this?  The search is on...

No comments:

Post a Comment