Saturday, February 07, 2009

Tudor boy's diary- Step 1



Tonight I used my supply of muslin to cut out a doublet slopper to try in my son. This is the first time that I've ever done this, so it's a learn as you go type adventure.
I chose to just cut out the center fronts and back and baste them together for him to try on.
Here's how it went:
  • The left arm hole fit tightly, but the right was fine...Both "holes" were cut identical and he is left handed so....... Will I probably have to cut out bigger armscyes for that side?
  • Length looks a bit short, but I'm going to add the skirt pieces to the bottom. I may add an inch & a half to the bottom to account for growth. I can't remember if Tudor mens clothes were shorter-waisted than modern day or not...
  • I went back and resewed the left armscye- and it fit better.
That's all I can manage tonight as I'm battling something my lovely students chose to share germ-wise with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment